Consumer Marketing Internship (Undergraduate)
2020 RAI Consumer Marketing Undergraduate Internship
CPG | Industry Leading Brand/Digital Marketing
Reynolds American (RAI) is a family of companies working to transform the tobacco industry. Our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco. We take pride in the growth of our people. Join us and you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with the visionary, principled and passionate people every day that makes ours an award-winning culture. ABOUT THE POSITION: We are seeking passionate interns to assist the function in delivering creative and innovative brand strategies to achieve maximum business benefit across every facet of RAI and its operating companies. Summer interns will have Winston-Salem based assignments. The internships provide challenging assignments and significant exposure to other company functions outside of Consumer Marketing.
You will exercise initiative, creative problem-solving skills, teamwork and leadership as you interact with other colleagues throughout our winning organization. In addition, you will have fun while adding value and encountering outstanding career development support.
PREVIOUS CONSUMER MARKETING INTERNS HAVE:
- Researched the Vapor category specific to e-liquids, the consumer journey, and made recommendations on business initiatives;
- Engaged with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders to develop/evolve the ecommerce consumer retention program;
- Identified the most appropriate marketing strategies to support expansion for new category products;
- Influenced strategic direction on how to effectively communicate with moist snuff consumers using technology and new marketing methods;
- Developed a post-engagement communication plan to foster interaction across web, email and direct mail touch points.
- Maximized efforts to engage Adult Tobacco Consumers (ATCs) for one our most iconic brands through thoughtful integrated promotions
- A student who has completed core coursework toward an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Marketing w/focus on Digital and/or Research, or Statistics/Data Analytics
- A highly collaborative, team player, who’s focused on results with a strong nod to digital marketing and/or data analytics;
- A creative self-starter with strong strategy development and planning skills; and
AND SOMEONE WHO:
- Wants to fully understand and embrace consumers and their values;
- Has superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Is focused on developing excellent leadership and influencing skills.
- Spent time with c-suite leadership during a series of leadership roundtable events
- Gained insight into what it’s like to work here, global development opportunities and career pathways
- Worked directly with experienced cross-functional professionals
- Presented your findings and recommendations to the Consumer Marketing Leadership Team
- Generous salary
- Paid housing
- Company provided laptop
- Leadership training opportunities
- Fun! Lots of chances to get to know your fellow interns socially
- Connecting with senior leaders during roundtable networking events
- Participation in our 401(k)-retirement savings plan –we contribute 3% regardless of whether you participate, and on top of that we match your contribution at 100% up to 6%
- Confidential personal financial counseling service at no cost to you
RAI is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c. and the U.S. parent company of R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; American Snuff Company, LLC; Kentucky BioProcessing Inc.; RAI Innovations Company; and RAI Services Company.