Customer Support Engineer III
This opening is more than 180 days old and is very likely already filled.
Customer Support Engineer III
Oklahoma City, OK
IDEMIA is the global leader in identity and security. Our mission is to create a safe and simple future where identity verification is indisputable, and only you can assert your identity. We are a distributed company leveraging the latest technologies to deliver world-class products in the private and public sectors of finance, telecom, identity, security, retail, sports entertainment, commercial, government, and IoT. We use a variety of technologies and approaches to deliver quality product and services to government agencies and technology companies. IDEMIA is a made up of a group of 14,000 diverse people from different nationalities, speaking over 20 different languages. Together, our solutions impact the everyday lives of citizens and nations. In this ever-changing world, protecting your identity is paramount. Join the team that is ensuring one person- one identity.
To provide technical support in the field including installation, repair and preventative maintenance of hardware systems and coordinates these efforts with our third party service provider. Secondary tasks include server and software application support according to skill sets. Meet or exceed service level agreements according to contract. Ensure accurate records are maintained. Communicate effectively with the customer and regional manager on a daily basis, escalating issues immediately when additional support is needed.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
- Provide remote and on-site Customer support as needed. Members of the Field Service organization may require overnight travel as required.
- Install, configure and test basicIDEMIA hardware and software products at Customer sites such as Image Capture Workstation, Authenticator, standalone Livescan, IBIS/RDT’s and Printer Systems.
- Restore IDEMIA equipment/services at Customer sites through diagnosis, fault isolation and resolution of hardware, software, network, and server problems.
- Diagnose and isolate basic hardware and software problems. Replace failed parts as necessary, communicating the nature of the problem to the Customer. Track and maintain the status of part arrival and expected completion time. Sign out inventoried parts and complete proper documentation and/or CRM Database entries on defective parts and other necessary tracking information.
- Install basic hardware and software upgrades on IDEMIA products at Customer sites, such as add-on hardware peripherals, new software functionality, and bug fixes, as required.
- Assist Sales/Engineering staff with preparing accurate Quotes/Proposals, establishing requirements and expectations between Customers and IDEMIA.
- Regularly update product application and customization software.
- Schedule and perform Preventive Maintenance to ensure optimal performance of equipment at Customer sites, in accordance with established procedures.
- Complete CRM Database entries/updates as required in a timely manner.
- Serve as a resource to other Company personnel by exchanging technical information and assisting with failure diagnosis/problem resolution.
- When approached, inform Customer of new products/services and as appropriate, then refer Customer to the appropriate Sales representative or group.
- Tactfully placate Customers when dissatisfied with Company personnel, products, and/or services.
- Contribute to Process Improvement efforts.
- Participate in Customer and Project meetings providing valuable technical and operational feedback.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license is required. Ability to travel (even extensively) with little or no notice.
- Must have ability to pass government background check as needed
- Working knowledge of UNIX/LINUX and various Windows Operating Systems.
- Working knowledge of Networking such as FTP, Telnet, and TCP/IP.
- Developed professional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving ability.
- Basic knowledge of standard ESD practices.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment without close supervision.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work within a team and follow through with tasks and projects.
- Goal and objective orientated.
- Ability to read and understand workflow and dataflow diagrams.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic IDEMIA hardware and software.
- Ability to learn and understand new hardware and software technologies.
- Ability to manage a remote Spare Parts depot.
- Ability to manage work-related expenses, submitting applicable documentation in accordance with Company Policy.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
High school diploma or GED, certificate of completion from a technical school in a computer, electronic, or software/hardware related field, or a two year technical degree in computer science, technical, networking, or related field and 3-5 years of similar experience; or any combination of education and experience that would enable their performance of the full scope of the position.
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Must be able to travel occasional by air as needed to attend training, conferences, and related activities.
- Occasional overnight travel as required; should not exceed 10-20% of the time.
- General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
- The work requires moderate physical effort with recurring lifting and/or moving of moderately heavy items in the 30-50 pound range and occasional lifting up to 75 pounds. Requires long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities. Requires manual dexterity and ability to manipulate small objects. Normal range of hearing and vision required to operate machinery and forklifts.
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.