B2B Conference & Events Marketing Manager
BioCentury Inc. is seeking a B2B Conference & Events Marketing Manager.
Job applicants must have experience marketing B2B conferences and events. All applications must be submitted with a cover letter.
BioCentury was founded 27 years ago by Karen Bernstein and David Flores to give the then-fledgling biotech industry analysis and commentary to support the creation of better medicines and innovative technologies for improving healthcare.
Our mission hasn’t changed, but our scope has. BioCentury is the leading global voice for CEOs and C-suite executives, VCs, regulators, public equity investors and other decision-makers throughout the global healthcare ecosystem. It is produced by a team of curious and creative people passionate about medical innovation from idea to patient.
We look for people who are curious, enthusiastic and creative. In particular, we seek people who are keen to challenge and be challenged, and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
Job Description for B2B Conference & Events Marketing Manager
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Key Job Objective
Achieve conference attendance and revenue goals by developing and executing marketing programs that drive attendance to corporate conferences and events and improve BioCentury brand awareness.
- Work with business development team to create a global conference brand with a suite of events
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop strategies for corporate conferences, events, and trade shows
- Create and manage marketing plans and calendars for events and other related projects
- Develop and execute pre- and post-event email marketing, social media, and other marketing programs that obtain new leads, create new sales opportunities, and engage and nurture prospects
- Manage marketing programs with sponsors and other third-parties
- Support the recruitment of sponsors, presenters and attendees through the creation of prospectuses, media kits, other materials and promotions
- Work with editorial team in identifying speaking opportunities at industry events and promoting their expertise and value to those events
- Provide consistent and clear communication of events programs to internal stakeholders, including briefing documents for specified events and conferences
- Create reports on event attendance, analyze the effectiveness of marketing programs surrounding events, and track the opportunities and revenue generated by events
- Manage the strategic planning of the events calendar
- Manage invitation lists for private corporate events
- Provide marketing support and collateral development for all event initiatives
- 3+ years of marketing experience
- Demonstrated experience in executing successful marketing programs for global events and generating sales leads from those events
- Strong project management skills with the ability to keep projects on schedule and meet deadlines
- Strong copywriting skills that clearly communicate the value and positioning of the Company’s events and products
- Experience in using marketing, event management, and CRM platforms
- Experience in marketing events and products to C-level executives
- Knowledge of the biopharmaceutical and/or financial industries is desirable
This is a full-time position located anywhere in the U.S. The Company’s main office is in Redwood City, CA, but working from a home office is possible. The position requires working across multiple time zones with staff throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia.
Finally, all BioCentury employees are obligated to meet the highest standards with respect to accuracy, conflict of interest, intellectual property rights, slander, confidentiality and respect for information sources and our audience.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Company-sponsored health and life insurance
- 401(k) plan
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
- B2B event marketing: 2 years (Required)
- One location
- Fully Remote
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave