Join us as we reimagine the future of money and the internet. Our mission is to make them more open and fair, driving new economic opportunities and putting people in control of their digital lives.
To start we've built the first crypto wallet with the simplicity and security of the best new bank apps - yet we never hold users’ assets. It takes the complexity out of Ethereum and is driven by our dedication to user experience.
We launched in 2018 and have a world-class team with experience scaling mobile apps to tens of millions of users. Our eclectic backgrounds include PhDs in nuclear physics and quantum cryptography. We’re fortunate to be backed by the top VCs in Europe, including Index Ventures, Creandum and firstminute capital.
iOS Engineer role
You'll be crucial to our effort to build the best mobile product in crypto and fintech. This involves putting yourself in our users' shoes and figuring out how to address the opportunities and challenges facing them.
You'll have proven experience building top-tier apps that you're proud of. This will have involved working closely with other iOS engineers, quickly shipping features in an agile environment, and taking ownership of the entire development lifecycle. You'll also have worked with other stakeholders - such as designers, QA, and product - to build and develop world class UX.
Ideally you'll be passionate about the ecosystem and have contributed to open source projects and relevant discussions online.
In the role you'll work closely with a small team of highly skilled and experienced iOS engineers, as well as our founders, designers, backend engineers and QA.
The Argent app is 100% Swift. We use our own open source web3.swift library for communicating with the Ethereum blockchain. We follow a Flux-inspired architecture and write unit tests to cover complex pieces of business logic.
- 3 years experience building top tier iOS apps, minimum 2 years in Swift
- Knowledge of the Apple ecosystem (everything from UIKit animation and navigation stacks down to Keychain and Operation Queues)
- Experience in debugging iOS apps (memory management, object lifecycle, view hierarchy)
- Experience testing iOS apps with unit tests and UI tests
- Experience implementing different design patterns (VIPER, MVVM, Redux)
- Good understanding of network protocols and data persistence techniques
- Familiar with implementing security best practices for safeguarding data on a mobile device
- Experience with continuous integration and source control, App Store Connect, Certificates & Entitlements
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Can communicate clearly, and collaborate, with a remote team
How we work
We work remotely, transparently and balance Argent with the rest of our lives. We’ve all got loved ones with unpredictable schedules, be they kids or cats.
Although we’re a distributed team you'll need to be based in the UK or Europe. This is because we find communication much easier when we’re in similar time zones and a short flight away. Within Europe you can choose to work wherever you like!
We get together for a week every quarter so we can collaborate in person, explore new solutions, and have fun. So far we’ve been to Nice, Toulouse, Brussels, Lisbon and Barcelona.
At the heart of what we do is making crypto accessible to everyone. We want the team itself to reflect that diversity so we’d strongly encourage applications from underrepresented demographics.