Associate Product Manager
Muck Rack is looking for an Associate Product Manager to join our fast-growing tech startup based in New York with teammates working remotely across the world. Our mission is to make journalists, PR pros and marketers more successful.
Journalists use Muck Rack to build and manage portfolios, track the reach of stories, find career opportunities and keep up with industry news. PR pros and companies use Muck Rack to find and contact the most relevant journalists for their stories, monitor what’s being said about their company or competitors, track the success of their media campaigns and report on their success.
About the position
As a product team member, you’ll be working alongside product stakeholders, engineers, designers and business teams to facilitate the development of new features and manage ongoing issue resolution while shaping our product, culture (in-office and remote) and processes. You’ll play a significant role in our product organization by providing analysis and support of our feature development and product management processes. We rely on Trello, Github, Slack, Intercom, Zapier, ProductBoard and a host of other project management and analytics tools, but you’ll be working together with Product Managers to set up new systems that will help us launch new, innovative products while maintaining Muck Rack’s existing features.
- Acting as first-responder for submitting and managing the resolution of bugs and product feedback reported by Muck Rack team members, users and automated systems.
- Coordinating and project managing feature development, quality assurance and product launches alongside Product Managers.
- Identifying, documenting and communicating project progress and bottlenecks between product, engineering and design.
- Project managing tasks and systems that make the Product team effective.
- Owning Muck Rack’s product feedback system and creating processes and insights that inform feature prioritization, product managers, designers, engineers, stakeholders.
- Participating in project planning meetings and providing advice and guidance on projects, especially related to launch dates and resources.
- Documenting meetings and conversations between developers, designers and the product team to inform stakeholders of progress made, roadblocks and time tables for product launches.
- Improving existing and creating new processes for better project management.
- You are an excellent note taker, extremely detail oriented and have superb organization skills.
- You have a knack for operations and building systems that scale.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and get excited about launching new products.
- You are an excellent communicator (both written and verbal) capable of collaborating with a distributed engineering team.
- You are entrepreneurial and have an interest or experience in project management, entrepreneurship or the startup world.
- You strive for continuous improvement, empowerment, transparency and leadership.
- You love technology and are comfortable quickly learning new software programs.
Preferred experience or skills
- 1-4 years of project management, operations or product management experience, preferably in software development.
- Competency with project management and workflow tools like Trello, Github, Asana and Slack.
- Competency with Google Apps (Docs, Spreadsheets, Slides) or similar product suites like Microsoft Office or iWork.
- Solid understanding of agile product development methodologies.
- QA and logging/tracking bugs in Github or a similar system.
- Ability to collaborate and manage a mix of in-office and remote teams.