College Admissions Specialist
IVY EXPERIENCE helps students in every phase of their education. That is why we provide everything from SAT/ACT test preparation, to college application and essay coaching, to academic tutoring, to college prep meetings and college night seminars. With college admissions more competitive than ever, students need to excel in each of these realms to optimize their applications.
Ivy Experience is looking for an Educational Consultant to help students with this difficult process. Experience in college/higher education preferred. This position will be a work-from-home position.
During college application essay season (May-December), responsibilities will include:
- Mentoring students not only as a writing and research coach, but as a personal advocate who feels invested in his/her students' success. We value developing close relationships with students and families, as our genuine caring separates us from other college prep companies.
- Providing students with constructive feedback on drafts of application essays for the entire process, from initial stages of research and planning to final stages of grammar editing, polishing, and proofing.
- Advanced skills in copyediting and attention-to-detail required for all levels of communication.
- Responding promptly to students and/or parents and holding students accountable to deadlines through correspondence via email, text, and phone calls
- Working directly with the company co-founder, Eric Karlan, who oversees the majority of the college essay and application coaching facet of the business. For more insight into Eric, check out his recent TEDx Talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTUjyf18XL8&t;=8s \
Throughout the year, responsibilities will include:
- Copywriting and creating content for the company website, blog, and social media accounts. We strongly pride ourselves on serving as an educational hub for families who need help navigating the college prep process.
- Initiating new marketing campaigns and leading email marketing campaigns. We follow up personally with all of our families throughout the year to maintain personal relationships and we welcome new ideas for how to grow and expand the company
- Managing a variety of administrative tasks, which will include new client intake, recording notes on students, databasing information, etc. Strong organizational skills, familiarity with the Google Suite, and attention to detail are required.
- Serving as an integral member of a close-knit team that works with students and families from across the country and around the world who is unafraid of sharing ideas and giving feedback.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Educator: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule