Senior Software Engineer
This opening is more than 262 days old and is very likely already filled.
Headquarters: Santa Monica, CA
With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge we're processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week. Our mission ‘making repeat orders easier for everyone' began four years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 100 remote-first employees around the globe.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our feature team and collaborate on a critical part of the platform by delivering world class features to our end users. This team is responsible for developing end user customer experiences, making sure they function as designed, and are delivered on time.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx, Snowflake, Looker, Matillion
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Write Python code focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Implement new technologies to solve ReCharge’s technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Work with engineering and product managers to understand roadmap priorities.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 7+ years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- Experienced in of one of the following languages: Python (preferred), Node.js, Ruby, Java, Go
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience with Docker, auto-scaling, serverless infrastructure
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self motivated with a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact at a boot-strapped start-up
- Excellent communication skills, a team player with a ‘winning as a team’ attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience