Junior Microsoft Field Technician – IT Support
This opening is more than 264 days old and is very likely already filled.
Junior Microsoft Field Technician – IT SupportJunior Microsoft Field Technician – IT Support
We were founded in the 1950s as a copier company as a 5-person company and have since grown to a 400+ employee corporation, supporting over 20,000 organizations with all their IT needs from on-prem to cloud. We are always growing and currently looking for a Junior Microsoft Field Technician – IT Support.
The Junior Microsoft Field Technician – IT Support is responsible for providing onsite support at our clients’ locations in Northwest Suburbs. This relates to all technology utilized by the client, including workstations, servers, printers, networking equipment, internet service providers, telephone system support, and third-party software. The role also carries project implementation responsibilities with regards to all implemented products & technologies. This includes, but is not limited to, workstation builds and deployments, server & network equipment installations, ISP deployments, application installation and upgrades, business continuity and disaster recovery testing.Junior Microsoft Field Technician – IT Support responsibilities:
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: This includes areas such as basic troubleshooting of Exchange/O365, and adds/moves/changes for AD accounts.
- Work with the project management team on PC builds and network equipment deployments
- Troubleshoot PC connectivity issues.
- Remote access solution (VPN) implementation and support
- Document and update the client environment
- Escalate service issues when required
- Communication with customers as required, keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Monitor network performance for availability, utilization and latency. Take the appropriate measures to resolve throughput issues, escalating to the support team as required.
- 4-year degree in Computer & Information Science, Computer Information Systems, or closely related field is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an onsite or field service technician.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills. Candidate needs to be able to tailor communication to the proper skill level of the end-user, and include the appropriate detail to manage the end-user’s expectations.
- Enlists the support of others, identifies key decision makers and builds alliances to advance business needs.
- Ability to improve customer service satisfaction
- Enter and update all work as service tickets into ConnectWise. Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
- Salary Range – $45k – $65k
- Outstanding benefits package (incl. medical, dental, vision, life, and supplementary insurance)
- 401(k) plan
- Excellent holiday & vacation plans