Remote Business Development Manager, North America - Quark Expeditions
This opening is more than 212 days old and is very likely already filled.
Job DescriptionCompany Description
Quark Expeditions is the world leader in polar adventure travel. Since 1991, Quark has been establishing a tradition of firsts in polar travel: as the first to transit the Northeast Passage with adventure travelers; the first to take travelers to the far side of Antarctica; and the first to circumnavigate the Antarctic continent with guests. Quark Expeditions is recognized for its diverse fleet of passenger vessels and offers the widest variety of polar itineraries of any other adventure company.
Quark Expeditions is part of Travelopia - the world’s largest collection of specialist travel brands. Operating across the globe including Europe, Australia, North America and Canada, we’re passionate about being the best and pride ourselves on the unique and diverse range of holiday experiences we offer our customers. Our combined businesses are the world’s largest provider of specialist and experiential travel with a range of unique experiences, from private jets, polar expeditions, sailing, ski holidays and more.
Quark Expeditions, the leader in Polar adventure travel, is looking for a tenured, dynamic, travel industry professional, with experience working with wholesalers, tour operators and retailers to lead profitable sales growth through the travel channels.
In conjunction with the Regional Sales Director of North America, this position establishes the strategy and tactics to grow sales in the travel channels through market-share growth and profitable yield management in their specific territory.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a strong ability to build relationships and understand opportunities for future revenue growth in the indirect channels, including chains and consortiums.
- Leads the development of tactical and long-term strategic objectives specifically designed to grow sales in wholesale and retail travel channels, in alignment with Quark’s long term strategic plan.
- Based on established strategies, and sourcing/research, conducts cold calls on travel agencies looking for opportunities to develop sales from existing and new customers.
- Uses Softrip and SalesForce to analyze and monitor sales of key accounts, establish benchmarks, track sales trends and ROI, and uncovers untapped resources to create strategies specific to prospect productivity and potential.
- Identifies new revenue streams and marketable database opportunities in the travel retail partner channel, through presentations and pitches
- Establish and implement new business development and group and charter acquisition strategies in retail travel markets and channels
- Establish and implement communication plans for trade partners, including segmented messaging
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales and Product to lead the deployment of regular trade communications including monthly newsletters, trade-specific tactical messaging, sales tools, USP’s, competitive differentiation
- Coordinate the development of cooperative marketing efforts with key accounts with the goal of increasing indirect sales
- Identify key agencies in Quark’s trade database and establish account plans
- Oversee the creation and deployment of partner training curriculum in alignment with brand guidelines
- Strong collaboration with other departments (finance, marketing and operations) ensuring expectations are aligned and customer needs are met.
- Shares energy, enthusiasm, insight, skill and experience with everyone.
What We are Looking For:
- 5-7 years of experience in increasingly senior roles in sales and account management
- 3-5 years of experience working with luxury travel distribution channels.
- Finely-tuned business, strategic and commercial acumen including proven experience in business plan and contract development.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to effectively present and pitch ideas in a business setting, engage stakeholders, build consensus and compellingly communicate Quark’s value proposition.
- Ability to author complex contracts and sales agreements
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- Can clearly demonstrate the ability to understand the needs of passengers and positively make recommendation to enhance customer experience.
- Grounded, mature self-starter with passion for exceeding goals and objectives
- Ability to function within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work independently, set and achieve goals, and demonstrate tenacity self-discipline to work independently, prioritize day-to-day activities and travel while adjusting priorities without losing effectiveness.
- Requires computer skills including hands on experience with email, browsers, word processing, spreadsheet, basic database knowledge and sales presentation tools.
Quark Expeditions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. To learn more, please visit: www.posterguard.com/eposter/U1200AFL1-ApplcntFdrlIntrntLcnsng.pdf