Customer Care Agent
A LiveWorld customer service agent is a virtual, part-time, work-from-home position. Our hourly agents perform tasks including social customer service, engagement for marketing purposes, and protecting a brand’s image by supporting a good experience for a brand’s customers in their online venues.
LiveWorld provides services in dozens of languages and defines fluency as complete competency in reading, writing, and speaking at a native or near-native level. Language needs are dependent upon client needs. Language fluency testing and writing samples are a requirement for all our hourly positions. All applicants must be fluent in English.
Primary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibilities include reviewing, taking action on (rejecting or approving), tracking, and/or escalating social media users’ posts according to brand guidelines
- Responding to user content in a social context and initiating or conversation
- Triage and responding to customers’ questions (with pre-determined or authored responses)
- Identifying and escalating trends, topics, sentiment, and emerging issues
Required skills and traits
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including grammar, punctuation, spelling, and ability to compose well-spoken messages in a real-time, multi-tasking environment (Please note: This is not a telephone position; writing skills are critical.)
- Language fluency testing and writing samples are a requirement for all hourly positions in any language. All applicants must be fluent in English.
- Demonstrated ability to empathize with people, make decisions according to guidelines, and communicate company policies in informal courteous conversational style
- Must demonstrate the ability to make quick and correct decisions under pressure. Critical thinking is key in this fast pace work environment
- Ability to focus on the task at hand with minimal external distraction, including working in a quiet atmosphere (This is not a role that can be done from a coffee shop or with toddlers underfoot.)
- Ability to work for a block of several hours at a time
- Punctuality and adherence to attendance policies, which are strictly enforced
- Ability to regularly or occasionally work evenings, nights, weekends, holidays
- Dependable, high-speed Internet access
- Dependable telephone access (landline preferred for training)
- Experienced computer user with knowledge of chat, email, and instant messaging programs
- Familiarity with and access to spreadsheet and document software
- Familiarity with social media sites on a personal or professional level
- Strong typing skills
- Previous moderation experiences a plus, but not required
- Healthcare background a plus
- Must be 18 or older
- This is a work-at-home position; you must be able to work at home with the self-discipline needed to be effective
Recommended education and experience
- 2-3 years experience in online moderation or customer service
- One-year experience working in a Call Center environment
- Experience using Salesforce and Social Cloud
- Must be 18 or older
- College Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Demonstrated personal or professional success engaging in a social channel
HOW TO APPLY
- Qualified applicants should complete the LiveWorld Moderation Personnel Application.
- Please complete the LiveWorld Moderation Personnel Application for US Residents.