This opening is more than 66 days old and is very likely already filled.
Headquarters: Santa Monica, CA
With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 200 remote-first employees around the globe processing hundreds of millions of dollars in sales every month.
Our SaaS platform is used by millions of people every month and our Infrastructure team is looking for a Database Administrator to collaborate on a critical part of the platform. You'll be our front line of support regarding SQL query and database performance, providing developers with valuable advice on how to improve our stack. Upcoming projects include deploying a new change control method that enables developers to promote schema changes given successful tests.
Our stack includes: Google CloudSQL(MySQL), phpmyadmin, SQLAlchemy, backups, Looker, Python, Flask, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Matilion, Looker, Snowflake
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Support code with a focus on database efficiency and resilience.
- Collaborate with design, product and engineering teams across the company to build new features or update existing ones at scale.
- Implement new technologies to solve ReCharge’s technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug poor performance queries and SQL databases.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the applications database access layer.
- Work with engineering and product managers to understand roadmap priorities.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 5-10 years of MySQL (or MariaDB) experience in fast paced environments
- Expertise regarding query performance and addressing issues with common SQL behaviors.
- Proficient with SQL and willing to learn Python access methods.
- Experience with RabbitMq, Kafka, or other cloud based eventing and messaging solutions
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Self driven; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact at a boot-strapped start-up
- Experience with Docker, auto-scaling, pub-sub architectures, serverless a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired