Lead Frontend Developer
Headquarters: London, UK
Replay Poker ( ) was founded in 2005 and is one of the most popular free-to-play online poker sites.
Our vision is to be the #1 free poker destination for all passionate players and its communities. Our mission is to offer the best free poker room and community experience to all poker players in a fair, friendly and competitive environment.
We will succeed by offering an exceptional poker game experience and never losing our players’ trust. We celebrate the world’s greatest card game, its rich history and tradition, and seek to inspire others to share in our passion.
The role We are a small team of highly technical and experienced developers. Right now we are backend heavy with some full stack developers which means you’ll have a huge impact on the frontend decisions and the work being done. We all work remotely, 100% of the time. We’re currently spread out across western Europe and the Americas.
As the lead frontend developer you will be responsible for modernizing our frontend stack, migrating parts of our systems to the new stack and help maintain and scale one of the most popular free to play poker sites in the world.
We have a huge array of interesting problems to solve such as planning for and implementing a new frontend strategy to support mobile clients, optimizing our React poker client, migrating our old Backbone site to a new tech stack and working to improve our SEO across the board.
We look for smart and independent people who work best in a team where everyone pulls their weight and collaborates with each other. Proactivity is key so we can improve and expand our systems without micromanagement. You will be given a lot of freedom as long as you can handle the responsibility that comes with it.
We are not afraid of using new technologies when we have to, but know that sometimes boring technology is the best solution. Using the best tools for the job is taken seriously and we expect everyone to be flexible enough to learn and use them, but also courageous enough to challenge old choices and champion change.
- Poker lobby: Rails 4, a single page application with Backbone.js
- Poker game server: written in Ruby
- Poker game client: new HTML5 client written in React/Redux
- Other technologies used: MySQL, Sidekiq, Redis, NodeJS, Go, Kubernetes and many more
- Have experience leading the frontend work from before
- Have expert knowledge of HTML5 and modern CSS (Less/Sass)
- Have a lot of experience working with and debugging cross browser applications
- Have experience writing automated tests, be it BDD, TDD, etc
- Have a good understanding of HTTP and REST-ful APIs
- Be confident working with git, code review and pull requests
- Comfortable working with and helping others on a variety of platforms
- Be eager to learn and able to express your thoughts, arguments, and ideas clearly and effectively
- Have excellent english language skills (fluent speaking)
Ideally you should
- Have experience with React/Backbone
- Have experience with GraphQL
- Have experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Have professional experience working remotely
- Have contributed to open source projects
- Enjoy playing poker!
What we offer
- Plenty of autonomy for you to work the way you think you're most productive
- A flexible process with the focus on efficiency of working with minimal bureaucracy
- A mixture of fun and challenging projects working on a real-time game
- Competitive salary (negotiable and depending on experience/skills)