Technical Product Manager, API Integrations
Headquarters: Santa Monica, CA
With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 200 remote-first employees around the globe processing hundreds of millions of dollars in sales every month.
Driven by our API, we are rapidly expanding our platform. Our 3rd party integrations are key to our long term strategy to provide highly customized solutions for our most demanding merchants. Merchants use ReCharge + a mix of integrations to create new solutions that were never before possible. You will be the key strategic and tactical link to ensure your engineering team delivers. You will work with new and existing partners to add and evolve their technology for the ultimate benefit of our customers.
We’re looking for a teammate who is resourceful, dedicated, and passionate about solving challenging problems. This role is for someone who loves diving into the technical details while also driving the overall strategy. We need a creative and resourceful integrator who will actively listen for problems and then accelerate the team towards solving.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Read API docs from ecommerce platforms, payment processors, and 3rd party integration partners
- Work with existing and new 3rd party integration partners to add and evolve their integrations into ReCharge.
- Dive into technical details with partner engineering teams and drive technical solutions.
- Write epics and detailed user stories for the engineering, QA, and design teams to fully understand the scope of functionality and business drivers, so they can estimate and deliver in a timely manner with high quality.
- Facilitate and work in sprints with daily stand-ups, weekly grooming and planning sessions.
- Prioritize features and define requirements for successful delivery.
- Grow into a subject matter expert.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of product management experience in a fast paced technology driven company (preferably SaaS)
- Love reading API docs and figuring out how ReCharge and the other system will integrate
- Near code level technical proficiency with modern APIs
- Strategic experience with API clients and integrators
- 3+ years experience working directly with software engineering teams to build product
- An entrepreneurial spirit and excited to work on complex problems at scale
- Motivated by finding ways to use process to produce results (not as an end unto itself)
- Ability to work autonomously with a balanced team approach, you don't need to wait for directions, but know when buy-in is critical
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact in a highly visible role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience