Senior DevOps Engineer
Headquarters: Santa Monica, CA
With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 200 remote-first employees around the globe processing hundreds of millions of dollars in sales every month.
We're looking for a Software Engineer, DevOps to join our Infrastructure team and collaborate on a critical part of the platform. This person will have ideally transitioned into an infrastructure focused role having come from a strong development background. Our Infrastructure team is responsible for the design and support of the product platform, focusing cloud-native solutions to enable our product and feature teams to keep up with the fast pace of our industry. Facilitated by robust tooling, automation and well maintained documentation.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Nginx, Snowflake, Looker, Matillion
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Design and support the CI/CD pipeline to serve development needs.
- Collaborate with other departments to improve developer and customer experience through Infrastructure or pipeline improvements.
- Implement new technologies to solve ReCharge's technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Spend up to 75% of your time working on supporting developer experience improvements.
- Perform script maintenance and updates with a high attention to detail and scalability.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of relevant DevOps experience in fast paced environments
- 4+ years of Kubernetes experience
- 4+ years experience with Docker, Ansible, TDD
- 2+ years experience with Metrics and APM, Logging solutions
- 2+ years experience in cloud-native environments such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience designing modern CI/CD solutions supporting ephemeral environments
- Experience and willingness to deep dive into code (Python-preferred, Node, JS, Vue, etc)
- Experience with python2/3, flake8/pep8, flask, gunicorn, gevent
- Experience with auto-scaling, serverless infrastructure components
- Experience with MySQL, SQLAlchemy
- Experience with Git/Github, lint
- Familiar with IaC, Terraform
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Willingness to participate in a first line of support on-call rotation
- 2+ years supporting Google Cloud Platform
- Proficiency with SignalFX, Splunk, NewRelic
- Development background