Smile.io : Implementation Specialist
Headquarters: Kitchener, Ontario
As a member of our Merchant Experience team, you will play a vital role in communicating directly with our eCommerce merchants to help them get the most out of Smile and grow their business!
We are looking for highly-motivated Implementation Specialists to help get merchants off on the right foot when growing their businesses through customer loyalty. We support merchants globally and we are looking to expand our coverage to ensure we provide the highest level of availability for them.
We are currently looking to fill two remote positions to work hours aligned to 9-5 pm GMT as well as 9-5 GMT +5, (with some flexibility +/- 1 or 2 hrs). Schedule would be Tuesday - Saturday or Sunday - Thursday, but open to other arrangements that provide full weekend coverage as well.
Whether you're based in the GMT or GMT +5 timezones and open to that schedule, OR you're based somewhere else in the world and flexible in accommodating a schedule like this - we are open & want to hear from you!
About the role:
As an Implementation Specialist, you will be working to support hundreds of merchants launching loyalty programs with Smile. This role is high-volume, 1:many. Most days will be spent interacting directly with merchants (or their agency partners) when they ask for help deciding if Smile is right for them and providing configuration guidance. You will also contribute to our strategy to help proactively address questions or issues from new merchants before someone asks for assistance. Alongside the rest of the Merchant Experience Team you will contribute to self-serve resources that help our merchants and agency partners guide themselves through the launch of their loyalty program and the crucial first few months following it.
If you love a challenging, high-volume environment where you can think on your feet, and delight customers, we want to hear from you!
- Engage with potential merchants through Intercom to understand their business needs and determine plan fit
- Carry out ad hoc requests for product demos
- Provide support with loyalty program launches based on best practices
- Contribute to our ever-growing Help Docs with product demos and implementation resources
- Support and delight our merchants through chat, email, phone, and Zoom video conferencing conversations
- Collect and share churn reasons and product feedback from merchants in their first 6m through our internal tracking systems
- Proactively reach out to merchants as per playbooks
- Assist with any support overflow work
- Engage and collaborate with a remote team spread across the world
- You have past experience as a BDR, trainer, product specialist, or similar roles at a SaaS company
- You have the ability to creatively problem-solve and improvise in ambiguous situations
- You can context switch, delving into varying degrees of complexity in requests over the course of a day
- You have strong sales acumen, but don’t necessarily see yourself in a strictly sales role
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have an insatiable curiosity
- Have eCommerce experience either via your own venture or through past roles
- Have experience in 1:many, high-volume digital environments
- Have experience using Intercom
Great! We'd love to hear from you. We aren't looking for just anyone to join our team, so our application process is not going to be your run of the mill application. We would love to see a cover letter that shows us your personality! ... and let's forgo your resume and just send us a link to your LinkedIn profile or other online resume. If you don't have a LinkedIn profile, just make sure that your cover letter addresses the requirements listed above and touches on relevant past experiences.