Senior Fullstack Engineer
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play.
- Be responsible for designing, developing and deploying major game features.
- Own game feature areas from end-to-end.
- Be the champion for the user!
- Insist on the highest standards and create functional and engaging features that will delight our users.
- Be part of a tight game development team looking to iterate fast on a fun concept and then building it out.
- Have real input on end-user product.
- Be a key member of a high performing software engineering team.
- Collaborate with design, engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions to game requirements.
- Hands on architect and coder for sophisticated client/server systems for mobile gaming.
- Innovate and iterate on process, systems and technology to deliver world-class social games.
- Be a leader; Identify and articulate technical and production risks and obstacles, as well as generate solutions!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Experience writing clean, testable, high-quality code and designing highly scalable systems in production.
- Proficient at using script debuggers like Chrome Debugger.
- Solid familiarity with deployment on cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.).
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write maintainable and robust code in a popular object oriented language.
- Solid familiarity with analytics and A/B testing in mobile games.
- Familiarity with git, svn or other VCS.
- Self starter, analytical and creative.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, product managers and other developers.
- Expert knowledge of NodeJS and ES6 / TypeScript.
- DevOps experience -- setting up CI/CD environments, orchestrating deployments, creating monitoring dashboards, anything that makes the development process easier, more enjoyable and more accountable.
- Experience in game development and shipped titles.