60,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world’s most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
We approach all aspects of 1Password with a design-first approach. Our team encompasses UI, UX, web, illustration, print, and motion graphics designers – all working together to give 1Password customers the best possible experience.
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Designer to join our design team. The role will involve design for web, print, packaging, advertising, marketing materials and more. As part of a skilled team you will have the opportunity to work on varied and exciting projects that educate and inform our customers on 1Password and digital security.
What we’re looking for:
- Portfolio of recent project work that includes excellent visual design and typography skills.
- An ability to work within a specific design framework as well as adapt your design for specific projects.
- Strong communication skills and a history of delivering projects on time and with excellence.
- Experience working within a design team, but also with other key stakeholders from marketing and development teams.
- A passion for educating, informing and storytelling through your design.
- An affinity with modern design tools, specifically Figma, Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends, techniques and technologies, but ability to design around the trends instead of following.
- Past experience working within a security focused company is a bonus, but not a must have.
What you can expect in your first month:
- Review the tools and platforms that 1Password uses, and familiarize yourself with the style and format of our created content.
- Take part in regular calls to discuss workflows and review designs amongst peers.
- Begin to take on design issues that will help you to learn and grow within the 1Password style.
What you can expect by month 3:
- Act as a design resource to others in the organization, taking briefs and creating artwork as needed.
- Start to take ownership of certain elements within 1Password, such as advertising or email campaigns.
What you can expect by month 6:
- Operate as a key part of the design and marketing team, taking ownership of areas that interest you and pushing their design forward to create a better product.
- Offer constructive feedback to peers on the team, helping others to grow and develop alongside you.
“We have a wide range of skills represented here, and that makes for a culture of personal growth through feedback and mentoring, support and critique. Our design has won awards and we have our designers to thank for that – excellence in design is one of the defining characteristics of 1Password. You should also prepare yourself for bad jokes too though 😃”