Product Manager User Generated Content
Motivated by innovation, exploration and challenging intellectual problems, you’re excited by BIG questions: How do we get the most comprehensive information for every place and activity on earth? How can we make the most out of billions of data points? How can we make amazing content easily accessible to our users?
We’re looking for a Product Manager to lead the development of a system that combines billions of data points, community knowledge, and editorial content into the go-to source for outdoor enthusiasts worldwide.
Millions of people all over the world experience real-life outdoor adventures with komoot apps. We help our users discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering them to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re pretty good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times - and with more than 14 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews - komoot is on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app worldwide. Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore with us.
About the role
Komoot is the most vibrant outdoor community in the world. At its heart lies a unique treasure of user-generated content, ranging from GPS data and uploaded photos from millions of tours, to tips and user feedback. Distilling the most relevant, trustworthy and up to date recommendations for every single user and every place on earth is what makes komoot stand out.
Join Florent, Iwo, Lukas and the rest of the content squad to solve challenges and enable amazing quality content.
Together you’ll develop technology like image recognition algorithms, and create the most inspiring outdoor guide out there, making it easy for millions of people to get out and explore more.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Lead the development of the go-to adventure source for outdoor activities worldwide
- Work with developers on systems to distill the most relevant, trustful and up-to-date information.
- Work hands-on with designers, copywriters and engineers to help implement new behind-the-scenes features that will further facilitate user-generated content creation.
- Develop strategies to meet the diverse needs of different global markets.
- Work with both our community of users and an editorial team, to create and shape outstanding content that will inspire millions all over the world to get out and explore.
- Run tests, get feedback from users and colleagues, crunch the numbers, and optimize new and existing product features.
- Be an advocate for both our users and our business, and drive product development that meets award-winning quality standards.
Why you will love it
- You will solve difficult intellectual challenges that we’re pretty sure not many have had an opportunity to solve yet.
- You’ll work with a technically complex product that brings real life value to our users.
- You’ll lead a high performing squad and play a key role in delivering inspiring and targeted content to encourage people to get out and explore more.
- You’ll take ownership of your projects from day one. You’ll move things forward, shape the processes and choose the tools you need to do your best work.
- This is a remote role on a remote team where open feedback, new ways of working and thinking out of the box is not only encouraged but expected.
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, a co- working space (covered by us) or our headquarters in Potsdam. Anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- You’ll become part of a diverse and international team and you will travel with us for team gatherings to amazing locations like Mallorca or the Bavarian Alps several times a year.
You will be successful in this position if you
- 5+ years Product Management experience from a digital product company, driving development of a highly successful and technically challenging product.
- Engineering degree and/or extremely strong technical background with deep interest in data, numbers, new technology and innovation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: You’re comfortable moderating technical discussions in a team of skilled professionals, communicating goals, vision, and showcasing complex problems with a passion for finding pragmatic and smart solutions.
- Ability to learn new processes and concepts fast with a demonstrated sense of curiosity.
- Intrinsic drive and motivation to build the best product (best outdoor guide) in the world.
- Appreciation for outdoors, nature and being active. You enjoy spending your time outside and you like to unwind in nature.
- English on a native level, buckets of patience, and no ego – we’re a team and have always achieved incredible results together.
- Bonus if you have already worked with User Generated Content, Machine Learning, AI, UX Experience
Sound like you? We want to hear from you! Send us the following
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience.
- A write-up (Cover Letter) explaining who you are and why you would like to work with us.
- Examples of your work/ products you have worked on (You can include it in your Cover Letter as well).
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one
?? EU-onlySee more jobs at komoot