Staff Software Engineer - Data Platform, Native Protection
Headquarters: Palo Alto, CA
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our team. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge people to do their best work. To do that, we have a very fluid structure and give people flexibility to work on projects that they enjoy the most. This develops more capable engineers, and keeps everyone engaged and happy.
- Design, build, test, deploy, and maintain reliable and efficient large-scale services providing new SaaS products and features.
- Own the feature end to end across across multiple stacks ( BE, FE and QA)
- Collaborate with partner teams such as Product Management, Support.
- Identify and solve bottlenecks within the software stack.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
Rubrik Software Engineers are self-starters, driven, and can manage themselves. Bottom line, if you have a limitless drive and like to win, we want to talk to you - come make history!
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related field
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, or 8+ years of relevant work experience with a PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience architecting and developing large scale distributed systems
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages like Java, C/C++, Scala, Python
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform/AWS/Azure or other public cloud technologies is a plus
- Experience working with two or more from the following: Unix/Linux environments, Windows environments, distributed systems, networking, developing large software systems, file systems, storage systems, hypervisors, databases and/or security software development.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This team owns the end to end development of Rubrik’s data management suite for commercial public clouds - AWS, Azure and GCP. Our objective is to bring the simplicity of Rubrik’s on-prem data protection and management offerings to our customers in the cloud through a solution designed from ground up to be highly scalable, available & secure and yet optimized to minimize our customer’s cloud costs. We achieve this by taking a cloud-first approach to design - leveraging technologies built for the scale, elasticity and automation needs of the cloud; and deploying on our brand new SaaS platform called Polaris.
Recently we have :-
- Built policy based backup and recovery for Virtual Machines in AWS, Azure and GCP and managed databases in AWS.
- Built features like granular file recovery leveraging managed Kubernetes Service in AWS for elastic compute