Software Engineer - SaaS Platform
Headquarters: Palo Alto, CA
As an engineer on the Polaris Platform team, you’ll own the fundamental infrastructure components that all other polaris product teams at Rubrik build upon, including our microservices architecture, Kubernetes deployment system, distributed job workflow engine, and horizontally scalable MySQL based datastore. This is an exciting time to join as we are constantly improving and innovating on each of our core layers - Kubernetes services, distributed job framework and MySQL.
Some challenges include:
- Scalability: As a high-growth company, we have seen a huge growth year over year. This is accompanied by the number of Rubrik engineers who we support. As a result, our team is constantly re-imagining and engineering our platform infrastructure to support this growth.
- Stability: Stability around the clock is our top-most concern. We think about reliability at every layer of the stack, from individual infrastructure systems to the reliability of services owned by product teams at Rubrik.
Rubrik Software Engineers are self-starters, driven, and can manage themselves. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge people to do their best work. Bottom line, if you have a limitless drive and like to win, we want to talk to you - Come make history!
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation.
- Build our platforms, systems and infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems and large scale storage systems.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards
- Identify and solve for bottlenecks within our software stack.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of relevant work experience, or 4 years of relevant work experience with a PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience in software development in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to Java, C/C++, Python, Scala or Go
- Experience architecting and developing large scale systems in one or more of the following areas: distributed systems, networking, file systems, storage systems, and/or database systems
- Intimate knowledge of Docker, Containers, Kubernetes, Go, microservice architectures is a plus
ABOUT THE TEAM
Polaris is the SaaS control plane for Rubrik. Our mission is to build a highly scalable and reliable cloud data management platform for the largest enterprises in the world.
The Polaris Platform team (a.k.a. Infrastructure team) at Rubrik provides the core platforms and systems that enable product engineers to efficiently build and operate scalable and reliable applications in the cloud.