Jr. Database Engineer
Headquarters: Eagle, ID
With over 115,000 users, a growing internal team, and a passion for being the best we can be, we are looking for a Junior Database Engineer who will be responsible for implementation, development and production of databases for maximum performance, scalability, flexibility, and reliability.
The Junior Database Engineer will install and maintain heterogeneous backends including SQL DBMS and noSQL cluster solutions. They are responsible for applying patches, fixes and version upgrades. They will work closely with developers to create and maintain schema objects, design, and debug triggers, stored procedures and user defined functions.
They will have ownership of ClickFunnels’ overall architecture, data integration, and operational excellence while participating in an Agile environment.
In this role you’ll make an impact by….
- Utilizing DevOps principles as your foundation to identify, document, and promote best practices and standards
- Writing and tuning SQL including database queries, DDL, and DML
- Working with the Business Intelligence Team to provide our business partners the data they need to make efficient and effective decisions with a focus on increasing self-service capabilities
- Supporting and maintaining Dev/Test/Prod environments to meet business delivery specifications and needs
- Assisting with ad-hoc report generation and data analysis for customers as needed
- Monitoring and maintaining maximum performance of databases
- Identifying poorly performing queries and work with development teams to tune accordingly
- Monitoring database logs for hardware, memory or disk space/capacity issues and take appropriate action
- Implementing database parameter and configuration changes for optimal performance with the host operating system
- Ensuring the database environment remains in compliance with our vendor license agreements
- Following standards of the industry to keep daily routines automated, avoiding human error
- Developing testing proven practices including unit, integration, and regression testing with an eye towards automating as much as possible
- Configuration Management
- At least 2 years of experience with MySQL
- Working knowledge of ElasticSearch clusters and Kafka clusters
- 1 or more years of Linux administration experience
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure automation. Ex: Terraform Scripts or Cloud Formation
- Knowledge of database physical and logical design principles
- Ability to manage and deploy application database modifications
- Google Cloud Platform or/and Amazon Web Services knowledge
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as a collaborative partner on a team
- Ability to be part of Ops Team 24/7 on-call rotation
- GitHub, Docker, Kubernetes and/or CI deployment knowledge
Position is remote, however hiring is limited to the following states in the United States
- North Carolina
- South Carolina